Whatever the goals for your events are, I can almost guarantee that one of them involves creating the best experience for your attendees! Whether you are looking to decrease your budget by eliminating expensive venue rentals and travel costs, searching for a new way to connect people from far and wide, or are reconciling the works of a global pandemic; you have what it takes to put off an unforgettable virtual event!
Check out these 4 tips to help you level up your online hosting skills:
- Like any event, preparation can make or break your ability to provide an enjoyable experience for your attendees. Preparation might look a little different virtually, but it is just as important. Take the time to do run throughs with any speakers and other people of importance that will need to know how to navigate the platform you are using. Create a detailed “how-to” guide for attendees to help them with any tech struggles that might arise day-of. Since you will become a pro on your virtual event platform quickly during the planning process try to bring yourself back to day 1 when you were learning the platform to help you pinpoint any confusion that might happen for new users. Murphy’s Law comes into play more than you would think during events (online or in person) so use that to your advantage and prepare for all the wrongs so that your attendees can experience all the rights!
- Customer Service Matters
- Luckily, 2020 has taught us all that we have the ability to become a computer wiz! However, technology is not perfect and it can be frustrating to deal with in the heat of the moment. Being a calming presence to an attendee who cannot seem to get their speakers working right away can make a big difference in their experience. I don’t know about you, but, if I’m an attendee, I’m not freaking out until the event coordinator does because I know they’ve got it under control, (or at least they make it seem that way!)
- Choose Your Platform Wisely
- Create a comprehensive list of needs for your event and research which platforms can offer you those services. No virtual platform is the same so make sure to do your research to find the best match for your event!
- Get Creative!
- Think beyond virtual barriers of what you can do to make your event memorable. Finding ways to engage your audience keeps them excited and involved! Offer incentives or giveaways, provide live streamed music, hire a virtual caricaturist, the list goes on! Think about how you would run your event if it were in person and find ways to bring those aspects to life online.
More and more, traditional events are being transformed online and you can be the hero of your event by taking these extra steps to add that personalized experience for your guests. Don’t be shy, get out there and explore all of the possibilities that are waiting for you. Success is just a few clicks away!